The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #161687 Message #3845855
Posted By: Bat Goddess
20-Mar-17 - 02:44 PM
Thread Name: March Press Room [NH] Shanty Sing
Subject: RE: March Press Room [NH] Shanty Sing
Sorry it's taken me so long to post. I hope I smiled and faked it so no one noticed on Saturday that I was in the depths of my St. Patrick's Day Blue Funk (and this year was a convergence of a whole lot of underlying stuff) -- some people have trouble with the Christmas or end of the year holidays; I have trouble with St. Patrick's Season. I think I've snapped out of it -- I'm out of bed and dressed and everything. And getting stuff done.
Anyway, we had quite a turnout! Including Brian Dunn whom I haven't seen for close to ten years. The crew was me, Hutch, Ranger1, Charlie, Dianne, Bill & Gina Dunlap, a full complement of Finns -- Jim, Gail, Emily, and Amanda, Don Hale, Bill & Carol, Mike Modern, Jeff Keller & Persis, April & Eric, Justine for a little bit, Bruce MacIntyre,and Gail& Janice.
Steve, alas, was a no-show.
We sang --
1. Yangtze River - Charlie
2. Home, Dearie, Home - Linn
3. Rowdy Soul - Hutch
4. Rolling Home - Bill D.
5. Wild Colonial Boy - Don H.
6. Haul Away, Joe - Jim F.
7. Sam's Gone Away - Dianne
8. Song For Ireland - Gail F.
9. Rhyme of Charon the Bargeman - Charlie
10. Banks of Sicily - Hutch
11. Shanty In Old Shanty Town (Jerry Bryant) - Linn
12. Newfie In a Clgary Hat - Mike
13. Fall Down, Billie O'Shea - Jeff K.
14. Rolling Down the Bay to Juliana - Gina
15. Clear Away the Morning - Bill D.
16. Storm Along, Stormy - Charlie
17. General Taylor - Dianne
18. Farewell to Carlingford - Don H.
19. Old Zeb - Hutch
20. Bird Song - Gail, Emily & Amanda
21. Maggie May - Linn
22. Where Am I to Go? - Mike M.
23. Shallow Brown - Gina
24. South Australia - Jim F.
25. Fire Marengo - Bill D.
26. Roller Boller - Jeff K.
27. Working At the Coal Face - Brian Dunn
28. Winter and I - Charlie
29. Pace-Egging Song - Dianne
30. Mariquita - Don H.
31. The Alabama - Bruce M.
32. The Old Newfie Outhouse - Mike M.
33. Rolling Down to Old Maui - Bill D.
34. Sailor's Prayer (Tom Lewis) - Linn
35. Battle of Lake Erie - Gail & Emily
36. Hey, Rain - Hutch
37. Anderson's Coast - Jeff K.
38. Thyme, It Is a Precious Thing - Dianne
39. West Indies Blues - Hutch & Charlie
40. Sally Brown (no, not that one) - April
41. Haul Away For Rosie - Bruce
42. Bold Fisherman - Mike & Bruce (each singing slightly different lyrics)
43. Happy B.D. songs for Ranger1 (led by Dianne & Linn)
44. With Her Head Tucked Underneath Her Arm - Charlie
45. Race of Long Ago - Linn
46. Sailor/Drink-eye-ing - April
47. Hills of Isle au Haut - Bruce
48. Spectral Fishing Fleet - Charlie
49. I Wish I Had Someone to Love Me - Dianne
50. Cape Horn Road - Gina
51. Brandy Tree - Bill D.
52. Turning Towards The Morning - Mike M.
53. Frankie's Trade - Bruce M.
54. Cairo-Town/Roustabout - Don H.
55. Follow the Heron Home - Jeff K.
56. Harbors of Home (Joan Sprung) - Linn
57. Seaman's Hymn - Don Hall and the Company
As usual, please let me know of any additions or corrections.
Thanks, everyone, for coming!