THERE WAS A YOUNG WOMAN WHO SWALLOWED A LIE
1. There was a young woman who swallowed a lie
I don't know why she swallowed that lie,
Perhaps she'll die.
2. There was a young woman who swallowed a rule:
"Live to serve others!" (she'd learned it in school)
She swallowed the rule to go with the lie...
3. There was a young woman who swallowed some fluff
Lipstick and candy and powder and puff.
She swallowed the fluff to sweeten the rule...
4. There was a young woman who swallowed a line,
"I like 'em dumb, baby, you suit me fine."
She swallowed the line to tie up the fluff...
5. There was a young woman who swallowed a ring,
Looked like a princess, but felt like a thing.
She swallowed the ring to make up for the line...
6. There was a young woman who swallowed some Spock:
"Stay at home, mother, take care of your flock."
She swallowed the Spock to go with the ring...
7. One day this young woman woke up and she said,
"I've swallowed so much that I wish I was dead.
I swallowed it all to go with the Spock...
8. She went to her sisters, it wasn't too late
To be liberated, to regurgitate.
She threw up the Spock....
And last but not least, she threw up the lie,
We all know why she threw up that lie. She will not die!
words by Meredith ?Tam? to "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly"
@political @feminist @parody
TUNE FILE: SWALLFLY
CLICK TO PLAY
PLEASE NOTE: Because of the volunteer nature of The Digital Tradition, it is difficult to ensure proper attribution and copyright information for every song included. Please assume that any song which lists a composer is copyrighted ©. You MUST aquire proper license before using these songs for ANY commercial purpose. If you have any additional information or corrections to the credit or copyright information included, please e-mail those additions or corrections to us (along with the song title as indexed) so that we can update the database as soon as possible. Thank You.