1. Sit by my side, come as close as the air,
Share in a memory of gray;
Wander in my words, and dream about the pictures
That I play of changes.
2. Green leaves of summer turn red in the fall
To brown and to yellow they fade.
And then they have to die, trapped within
the serpentine parade of changes.
3. Scenes of my young years were warm in my mind,
Visions of shadows that shine.
Til one day I returned to find they were the
Victims of the winds of changes.
4. The world's spinning madly, it drifts in the dark
Swings through a hollow of haze,
A race around the stars, a journey through
A universe ablaze with changes.
5. Passions will part to a strange melody.
As fires will sometimes burn cold.
Like petals in the wind, we're puppets to the silver
strings of souls, of changes.
6. Your tears will be trembling, now we're somewhere else,
One last cup of wine we will pour
And I'll kiss you one more time, and leave you on
the rolling river shore, of changes.
(repeat first verse)
Recorded by Phil Ochs, also Ian & Sylvia - Play One More
Copyright Appleseed Music, Inc.