(Loudon Wainwright III)
1. This summer I went swimming,
This summer I might have drowned
But I held my breath and I kicked my feet
And I moved my arms around, I moved my arms around.
2. This summer I swam in the ocean,
And I swam in a swimming pool,
Salt my wounds, chlorine my eyes,
I'm a self-destructive fool, a self-destructive fool.
3. This summer I swam in a public place
And a resevoir, to boot,
At the latter I was informal,
At the former I wore my suit, I wore my swimming suit.
4. This summer I did the backstroke
And you know that's not all
I did the breast stroke and the butterfly
And the old Australian crawl, the old Australian crawl.
5. This summer I did swan dives
And jackknifes for you all
And once when you weren't looking
I did a cannonball, I did a cannonball.
(repeat first verse)
copyright Louden Wainwright III
Popup Midi Player