FAQs for Mudcat Auction: (Kat is completely responsible for this content and any errors it may contain!**bg**)
- How do I add an item to the auction?
Click on the Auction link in the menu bar at the top of the page. Then, click on the Add Item to Auction link and follow the instructions.
- How long should my auction last?
A good rule of thumb is do what the experts do: most successful online auction places allow a 7 or 10 day auction. You may choose a longer time period, but it's important to keep peoples' interest up.
- Help! I can't find my item listing! Items may fall to the bottom of the listings if they haven't been bid on recently. To find them, simply use the Drop Down Menu to set the date back a few days, then hit the Refresh button at the top of the auction listings.
- How much do I have to pay Mudcat?
The choice is yours. When you add your item, you can choose to share from 10% to 100% of the proceeds with the Mudcat.
- Who pays for shipping?
You should be clear in your initial auction posting as to what arrangements are acceptable for shipping and handling. Let folks know if they will have to pay extra for shipping or if it is included in the final bid. Also, be sure to spell out if the shipping comes out of the profit before Mudcat gets its cut.
- How do I add a picture to my listing?
Be sure you have your picture saved on your computer in the jpeg format. And, remember where you saved it. After you have named your item, chosen the percentage paid to Mudcat after your item has sold, and chosen a closing date for your auction to end, click on Take Me To Describe It.
Click on "Browse" just to the right of "Image File." This will lead you to your computer files. Be sure to choose the right drive, then find your image file. Once you've clicked on it, click on "open" and that will take you back to your auction listing page, with the picture copied onto Mudcat. You will not see the actual picture until you finish your listing.
- Do I have to bid on my own item in order to list it?
Yes, in your initial listing. The amount you enter in the "Opening Bid" box sets the minimum amount you will accept for your item. A good rule of thumb says "start low" as it tends to encourage bidding. Folks enjoy bidding up; if you start too high, it's just not as much fun!
- Where do I tell folks about my item?
You may post as much information as you'd like in the posting box provided under "Create Initial Message for Thread."
- How can I find out if folks have questions about my item?
Just open your auction thread, any time, to see who has posted a question and/or entered a bid.
- What happens at the end of my auction?
The buyer and seller should contact one another, by PM or email. They should make arrangements for the buyer to send payment directly to the seller or Mudcat, or both, depending on the split of proceeds.
- How do I pay for an auction item I've won?
Contact the seller for their mailing address and details of payment percentages, etc. You may pay the Mudcat percentage of the proceeds through the PayPal link on this page or, go directly to PayPal and pay to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send your payment to:
The Mudcat Café
PO Box 3006
West Chester, PA 19381
- I need help with the auction; whom should I contact?
kat/katlaughing, Joe or any of the other moderators.