If anyone out there is dying for some extra work, how about trying to recognize the following songs. I only have partial lines and/or words from them. They are all Irish...but I don't know how old or young they might be. I am trying to complete a song repetoire that a local Celtic rock band does here in Pittsburgh. I received the lyrics on a couple already......but I saw them the other night...and wrote down all the ones I have yet to obtain. So, if you're bored and want something a little challenging........try some of these. Note: I have the titles to a few, but not all. Also: tried the database and was unsuccessful for these. I may also have more in the near future, as I haven't tried them all of them in the database yet. Thanks to everyone who has provided me with lyrics in the past............!!!!
Forgive me if I make errors or combine 2 songs together (hopefully not)....I scratched these down on the the border of a local paper..where I could find room, during the performance, and only what I could make out...so they are written out in bits and pieces...sorry!
1. "The Joyce Country Ceili Band" (this is a definite title)
2. "Oh God, please have mercy on me...I'm not askin' for much, can I go back home....keep the good times rollin' wait and see wait and see...when I'm up I can't get down, can't get down, can't get down, when I'm up etc. Keep the good times rollin', I'm the boy, I'm the boy......"
3. "The Gypsi-o?"
4. "Hold on..........see you. I foget how much I wanted you...."
5. "I want you more than the stars in the sky. I want you more than any other woman...Chorus: More! More!More! I want you more!.......I want you more than an ice cream cone, more than a horny dog wants a bone......more than a pint at closing time"...
6. "Christmas Days for You Forever." Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la! You look so pretty on this winter morning....forever and ever, you were just about to blossom..........."
7. "I've fallen for another, you can make your own way home. I used to love her once...now all my lovin is gone, oh, oh, all my lovin' is gone. I have fallen for another she can make her own way home. Let me go, boys! Let me go, boys!"
8. "In the south of Australia....I was bound for Australia, Heeve away, Haul away......"
9. "Far away....we walked to the station in the rain, and we kissed him as we put on the train, and we sang him a song, though he know we'd be be seein' him again. Far away!....."
10. She is handsome, she is pretty, she is the belle of Belfast City,...1-2-3, could you tell me who is she..."
That's it for now!!! Good luck and thank you!