Found this posted at the musicians union…I think I've worked for these people a few times.
Couple getting married in need of a band. Ideally, we'd like a 4-5 piece band that can play disco, funk, R&B, Motown, rock, top-40. We'd need about four hours of music, from 6-10 PM with some breaks in between. We also need some light rock or jazz for the dinner music.
Also: we need to use your microphone for toasts and speeches, etc.
Pay: Unfortunately, we cannot afford to pay the band in money. But here's what we offer in return:
(1) You and the band will be fed a great meal. (However, as we do need some quiet dinner music provided, you'll have to eat during the toasts.)
(2) Each band member will get 1 free drink.
(3) We will mention your band in the toasts, and you'll get a chance to pass out your business cards, and you can give away any band CDs you have. There will be some very high class people there, and you'll probably get some offers from this.
(4) If you do well, we might hire you for a paid party later this fall.
(5) We will have a tip jar out for the band.
(6) You'll get the great feeling of doing a good deed!
One more thing. We do have a few family members who play drums and guitar, so we hope it'll be okay to let them sit in for a tune or two.