I profer several Beatles albums in answer to this thread -included are;
1) Abbey Road - "Here Comes The Sun" forces folkies everywhere to go out and buy a Capo!
2) Help!- "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" is the perfect folk song.Come to think of it- so is "Help!".
3) Let It Be - "Two Of Us" are still going nowhere spending someones hard earned pay and "Across The Universe" just is.
4) Beatles For Sale - "I Don't Want To Spoil The Party" I've had a drink or two and I don't care and the lyrics are still utilised to this day.
5) White Album - "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" is as stark a warning as you can get to stay away from Heroin. With an obvious tip of the hat to Mr Zimmerman.
6) Rubber Soul - This album is a marriage of convenience between pop and folk and serves to this day as the one Beatles album that folkies will go out and buy and not crucify.And "Norwegian Wood" makes you want to become a busker or join "The Spinners".
I may choose to continue in this rich literary vein or hand over the honours to another like minded Beatles afficianado. Who knows ? Who cares ? I don't!
By clicking on the User Name, you will requery the forum for that user. You will see everything that he or she has posted with that Mudcat name.
By clicking on the Thread Name, you will be sent to the Forum on that thread as if you selected it from the main Mudcat Forum page.
* Click on the linked number with * to view the thread split into pages (click "d" for chronologically descending).
By clicking on the Subject, you will also go to the thread as if you selected it from the original Forum page, but also go directly to that particular message.
By clicking on the Date (Posted), you will dig out every message posted that day.