Lyrics & Knowledge Personal Pages Record Shop Auction Links Radio & Media Kids Membership Help
The Mudcat Cafesj

User Name Thread Name Subject Posted
leftydee BS: Shock Risk from AA Batteries/Water? (79* d) RE: BS: Shock Risk from AA Batteries/Water? 10 Jan 06

It takes roughly 50 volts to pierce your skin. AA batteries are 1 1/2 volts so..... if you put 35 to 40 of these little guys in series (end to end) you could get a little poke. I did hear of a guy killing himself with a 9volt battery by wiring a pin to each terminal and then sticking himself in each index finger. I suspect that this is a crock but ........ Essentially, batteries are safe. When touching a 9 volt to your tongue you don't really feel a shock but , if the battery is good, it will taste sour. Be careful with 9volt batteries because you can ignite your pants if you put a good battery in a pocket with some change. I've done it.

Post to this Thread -

Back to the Main Forum Page

By clicking on the User Name, you will requery the forum for that user. You will see everything that he or she has posted with that Mudcat name.

By clicking on the Thread Name, you will be sent to the Forum on that thread as if you selected it from the main Mudcat Forum page.
   * Click on the linked number with * to view the thread split into pages (click "d" for chronologically descending).

By clicking on the Subject, you will also go to the thread as if you selected it from the original Forum page, but also go directly to that particular message.

By clicking on the Date (Posted), you will dig out every message posted that day.

Try it all, you will see.