i believe that being a singer is like being a certain kind of athlete. It requires a kind of training.
1. Excercise moderately, particularly aerobic (swimming..walking..treadmill...stairsteps)
2. Avoid dairy, alcohol, tobacco and any lozenges or medication that dries up your throat
3. Coax your voice and don't force it.
4. Alexander Technique for relaxation and flexibility
5. Yoga if you don't strain or force.
6. A good night's sleep
7. Find the proper balance for your voice...don't overdo
8. Find that special vocal instructor
The one that helps with vowel placement, relaxed breathing, facial relaxation, and avoid pushing or straining
9. Drink enough water to keep folds moist
10. Avoid negative people
11. and stay awy from side stream smoke)