Well I'm now back at work after two weeks in which i worked in the folk shop setting up and selling pre festival tickets and what not
and then had a great week working a bit more, going to the neptune for the singarounds and then dancing my little socks off wherever I could.
Highlights for me included:
1) finally getting the courage to sing in the neptune and at the woodshed sessions...apologies to those of you who got to hear the cruel ships carpernter not once but twice - i couldn't really on myself to remember the words to any other songs!
2) tim van eyken in the concert marquee on the thursday
3) going out dressed in a ball gown to the lark rise to candleford gig, just cos we could and it beats wearing the same pair of jeans 8 nights on the trot
4) seeing minster mayhems perform - my 16 yr old sis is their foreman and its great to see dancing being taught by little ones for little ones - carrying on the tradition - even if their kit is silly.
5) the entry in the ceilidh mail that read "things to try during folk week to get you in trouble - put your hand up a hobby horse!"
6) the amazing, wonderful, fabulous WHEELER STREET. Totally had the Wrotham arms PACKED out to the rafters.
7)hearing pete sing 'little eyes'. Love it love it love it.
So other than that, it was awful! NOT
I cannot wait for the next one ....