DATE: 25 January 2009
TO: Veronica Rutledge
1. Your name has been put forth as a possible enlistee in the Idaho Legion. As I am sure you are aware this is an honor not given to everyone.
2. You would, of course, have to take and pass the Entrance Examination, but I do not think that you will have any trouble with that.
3. You will also have to demonstrate adequate physical fitness as well as pass a medical examination.
4. There will be no cost to you if you accept this invitation, and the records will be destroyed if for some reason you fail any of the examinations.
5. Because of your familial connections you would, after successfully completing Basic Training, be commissioned as an Ensign; I would expect further promotions to follow rapidly.
6. Please inform me of your decision at your earliest convenience.