The Traditional Song Forum (www.tradsong.org) is holding its Spring meeting in Edinburgh on 20th April 2013 at the Scottish Storytelling Centre. This one-day conference will feature talks by staff and post-graduates of the School of Scottish Studies and the Elphinstone Institute, and will also provide an opportunity to find out about projects and engage with scholars and enthusiasts from all over the UK. Speakers include:
* Steve Byrne and Chris Wright – Local Voices : Local Tradition in the Global Age
* Mairi McFadyen – Songs and Sustainability: Exploring a Cultural-Ecological Approach in a Scottish Context
* Lucy MacRae and Kaye McAlpine – Reiving and Bereaving: Walter Scott and Border Ballads
* Emily Lyle – Working on Song in the School of Scottish Studies (1970-2013)
* Ian Russell and Margaret Bennett – Margaret Bennett, a Life in Song
The conference is free to attend for TSF members; non-members will be asked to make a donation of £5, or can join the TSF on day at £8 for one year.
A concert will also be held on the same evening at 19:30 in the Canons' Gait bar, featuring Margaret Bennett, Scott Gardiner and Amy Leach. Entry is £5, or £3 for TSF members. In addition there are further supporting events on Friday 19th and Sunday 21st April.
Full details can be found here, and our Facebook event page is here.