I hardly get any junk mail at all maybe one every two months or so.
So, for anyone interested, here are a few tips:
* Never give your email out to a web site that asks for it to allow you to use it's services. Make one up. firstname.lastname@example.org will work.
* If the site says it needs to send confirmation to a valid email address, set up an alternative email, using one of the web based services such as www.hotmail.com. You can fill all the address fields with garbage if you like, and put a false email for any 'current email address' question.
* If you find yourself plagued by someone, use your email software to block them. I tried to explain how to do it for Outlook Express in this thread
* If someone sends you a message as part of a group mailing, write back and politely be asked to be removed from their list. If they really want you to get the message, they'll send it individually.
* If you are really having problems, try using your email software to filter out certain words. Doing this may however mean that you miss things. XXX is the only thing that I filter.
Hope these tips help, they certainly work for me.