Ok, here's what we did when our school board had a RR majority, with the typical RR agenda. Perhaps some of it can/will translate...
1. Standard stuff-- we wrote letters to the local paper, which forced the paper to pay more attention to school issues. We went to meetings and used our three mins of public comment time every time they met.
2. We followed complaint/ grievance procedures. Whenever we had an issue, we went directly to the press with a written press release. They took their quotes directly form the release, which saved everybody time AND we were able to control the quotes to some extent.
3. We allied with national organizations. We asked for help from the experts on any given subject. When we read articles that had to do with a subject we were dealing with, we tracked down the author an asked for help or more information. Author info is often at the end of the article.
4. We put on old-fashioned political rallies in the park, complete with short speeches, lots of music, and we managed to get celebs there to help draw a crowd.
5. We did research and ran our own candidates. Best move we made.
As for what I am doing about the current situation, probably not as much as I should. I went to a "count the votes" rally, Keith has written a song, and our daughter has had a never ending series of telephone answering machine messages that are funny and thought provoking. I try to discuss it one-on-one with people in the mushy middle, and once in a while with those I know who are on the opposite side. Not much, I admit.