The Cheshire Trains newsletter, March, has just come through from Michael Ross.
This is most of it
Cheshire Music Trains
There is no charge for the Music Train,
though there is a collection on the way back for the band
and you will need a train ticket.
At Chester you need to buy your ticket from the station ticket office or the ticket machine.
At stations with ticket machines you should use those - if they sell the ticket you need (they don't issue DUOs).
Otherwise buy your ticket from the conductor on the train.
No need to book – just get into the rear carriage.
(Music Train leaves Chester at 19:01
and return leaves Plumley for Chester at 22:29).
2019 Music trains from Chester
Wednesday 24 April to promote Chester Folk Festival.
– to the Golden Pheasant at Plumley with Time Bandits, Steerage Class and Full House
Wednesday 29 May
– to the Golden Pheasant at Plumley with the Deportees
Friday 21 June
– to the Angel in Knutsford with Nelson Peach
Wednesday 10 July
– to the Golden Pheasant at Plumley with Pastry Shoes
Wednesday 7 August
– to the Golden Pheasant at Plumley with Terry Burgin Blues Band
Wednesday 4 September
– to the Golden Pheasant at Plumley with Port Sunlight Sea Dogs
Wednesday 2 October
– to the Golden Pheasant at Plumley with the Time Bandits
2019 Music Trains from Altrincham to Chester
Wednesday 22 May
– to Alexanders with blues from Herding Catz on the train
– and Dave Roberts Jazz Quartet at Alexanders
Wednesday 3 July
– to Alexanders with jazz from Loose Change Buskers on the train
– and Terry Burgin Blues Band at Alexanders
Wednesday 11 September
– to Alexanders with jazz from Marts ManJazz3 on the train
– and the Deportees at Alexanders
(You need to book the combination package of taxis to and from the station plus sausage'n mash at Alexanders through the Alexanders website
The next newsletter, in April, will contain details.
Groups on Music Trains
Groups are very welcome to join the Music Trains.
If you plan to bring a group of 10 or more people on a Music Train from Chester to Plumley, please contact me in advance about your plans so that we can agree a date or dates. That way we can avoid having too many groups on one evening as well as the many people who come as individuals or in smaller groups – who can just turn up at a station on the night.
If you plan to bring a group on the Music Trains from Altrincham to Alexanders in Chester then just go ahead and book online with Alexanders. There is a maximum of 45 places available.
We are happy to arrange extra Music Trains for groups of 30 or more people on weekdays - five are arranged already.
They can be in the daytime or in the evening. In the daytime we mostly go to the Railway Inn at Mobberley.
The costs are the train ticket and a contribution to the band's fee – there is no extra charge for arranging the Music Train. Contact me to discuss arrangements and possible dates. It might also be possible to arrange a group Music Train by combining two groups, if between them they can bring 30 or more people.
Here's the page link again[currently showing 2018 info]