1. There were twa corbies sat on a tree
Downe a down, hay down, hay downe,
There were twa corbies sat on a tree,
With a downe,
There were tw corbies sat on a tree,
They were as blacke as they might be.
With a downe derrie,derrie, derrie, downe, downe.
2. The ane of them said to his mate,
Where shall we our breakfast take?
3. Downe in yondre greene field
There lies a knight slain under his shield.
4. His hounds they lie down at his feete,
So well they can their master keepe.
5. His haukes they flie so eagerly,
There's no fowle dare him come nie.
6. Downe there comes a fallow doe,
As great with young as she might goe.
7. She lift up his bloudy hed,
And kist his wounds that were so red.
8. She got him up upon her backe,
And carried him to earthen lake.
9. SHe buried him before the prime,
She was dead herselfe ere even-song time.
10. GOd send every gentleman
Such haukes, such hounds, and such a leman.