Lyrics & Knowledge Personal Pages Record Shop Auction Links Radio & Media Kids Membership Help
The Mudcat Cafesj

User Name Thread Name Subject Posted
GUEST,jonesey Help: What is this guitar technique CALLED ?? (16) RE: Help: What is this guitar technique CALLED ?? 18 Apr 02

It's called 'double stops'. Different from what fiddle players refer to as 'double stops'. I use this technique mostly for fills and embellishments 'against' the melody. Usually, there's a space at the end of verses or choruses where you can get in a little 2 or 4 bar 'turnaround'. Or if there's a natural melodic 'pause' in the middle of a verse or chorus you can add these. Don't go too crazy as you'll commit the 'sideman's' unpardonable sin of being considered 'busy'. lol Anyway, sorry to digress, but that's the term I learned years ago. It may be called something else depending on your region...

Post to this Thread -

Back to the Main Forum Page

By clicking on the User Name, you will requery the forum for that user. You will see everything that he or she has posted with that Mudcat name.

By clicking on the Thread Name, you will be sent to the Forum on that thread as if you selected it from the main Mudcat Forum page.

By clicking on the Subject, you will also go to the thread as if you selected it from the original Forum page, but also go directly to that particular message.

By clicking on the Date (Posted), you will dig out every message posted that day.

Try it all, you will see.