Okay, here goes:
1. what is your age range? Closer to fifty than thirty. Holy smokes! Looking at that in print certainly increases my mortality awareness.But then again, I am also closer to 40 than 45, so now I feel better.
2. gender? I'm a boy, but my mom won't admit it.
3. Do you have a favorite color? I like them all, in the right context.
4. favorite authors/ type of book? Mostly everything,'cept SF/fantasy and Harlequin.
5. what books have you really been wanting? You know, whenever I see "A Timeless Way of Building" by Christopher Alexander et al, or "A Pattern Language" by ditto, I want them. But,I never pay full price for books, and those are very pricey books. Also currently looking for international folk song music for children.
6. what type of music do you like? Mostly everything, 'cept folk and blues. Ha ha ho ho hee hee. Just kidding. Mostly everything, 'cept the new big hat country stuff and top forty stuff, and some of the rap and techno/dance/old school/hiphop stuff eludes me.
7. what cds have you really been wanting? none, really.
8. What movies (vhs is in the price range) have you been wnting? none. Unless "3D Prison Girls" is still in print.
9. what is your t-shirt size? I like L-XL, cause they will shrink. Something in a bell bottom would work.
10. do you collect anything? if so, what? I collect foggy memories and disappointments. The tatterered remnants of questionable life choices hang from the cloak that is my life like, um, tattered remnants from a cloak.
11. what are some of your other hobbies? I'm learning the fiddle and guitar. Sometimes I rescue old snapshots from antique stores.
12. do you prefer gold-tone or silver-tone jewelry? Not much of a jewelry fella.
13. please include anything else you feel is important that would help your secret santa know what you would like. I'm interested in your locale/geography/landscape. Where is home? What makes it so? What distinguishes it? What is important? Historically significant? What is there about the place that I will not find out on the internet? What would you write/sing/paint about if you were given a grant?
Remember that "negative hints" such as allergies might also be helpful.