My cat, Charlie, was diagnosed as diabetic about six weeks ago. He was doing really well after a few initial problems. 4 units of insulin,as directed by our vet (who is wonderful), and a change of diet put Charlie weight on again, lowered his blood sugar level, stopped his odd behaviour patterns, and gave us sculptures instead of hot chocolate in the litter tray.
The past couple of days have been so frightening, with him having fits. I knew what to do, rubbing honey on his gums to bring him out of the seizures. As I write, he's hospitalised at the vet's, which is the best place for him until Adele and team have got him sorted out.
Do any of you out there have a diabetic cat? If so, can you offer me any advice or just a few words of comfort. I feel very fragile. He's already been through so much, having survived cancer in his ears. He looks a bit like a little white otter. I want to do my best for this special little cat.