The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #70159   Message #1195790
Posted By: McGrath of Harlow
28-May-04 - 07:20 AM
Thread Name: Guitarist with buggered finger
Subject: RE: Guitarist with buggered finger
What you need probably isn't a doctor, it's a physiotherapist who know about these kinds of injuries. There are sports injury physiotherapists attached to sports centres and such, and they must always be dealinbtg with people who've dislocated joints. It might be that that might be a quick way to find someone, who could at least advise you on how to balance rest and exercise.

I'd have thought that at this point the emphasis should be on resting it - but don't take my advice, find someone who knows what they are talking about.

It's a real bugger - but our bodies are bloody marvellous at mending themselves.