The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #14669   Message #127306
Posted By: Freddie Fox
23-Oct-99 - 06:53 PM
Thread Name: Mudcat Cookbook fundraiser-post your recipe
Subject: RE: M'Cat Cookbk fundraiser-POST YOUR RECIPE
Caster sugar is fine sugar usually used for making cakes, because it gives a better texture. Don't know what you call it in America. A swiss roll tin is usually fairly shallow and rectangular - the idea is that you pour in your mixture onto grease proof paper, and then, when cooked, slide it out and roll it up while still warm. Unroll it when cool and fill. Thinking about it, I don't remember seeing Swiss Rolls in any shops when I was last in new York - surely they're not a purely British addiction?