the Us of A is full of regional jokes, the same classist or town vs. country stuff you probably get all over the world as someone pointed out earlier. There's the whole line of "you might be a redneck if..." jokes that've made comedian Jeff Foxworthy a celeb of sorts. Usually those are directed at people in the Southeast states. The southerners have finally come up with a retort or two:
You might be a Yankee if....
1) You think barbecue is a verb meaning "to cook outside."
Two or more generations of your family have been kicked out of the same prep school in Connecticut.
3) You don't have any problems pronouncing "Worcestershire sauce" correctly.
4) You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on a poodle.
5) You would rather vacation at Martha's Vineyard than Six Flags.
6) You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow up to get his own TV fishing show.
7) Instead of referring to two or more people as "y'all," you call them "you guys," even if both of them are women.
8) You don't think Howard Stern has an accent.
9) For breakfast, you would prefer potatoes au gratin to grits.
10) None of your fur coats are homemade. >11) You have never planned your summer vacation around a gun-and-knife show.
12) You think more money should go to important scientific research at your university than to pay the salary of the head football coach.
13) You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.
14) You don't have at least one can of WD-40 somewhere around the house.
15) The last time you smiled was when you prevented someone from getting on an on-ramp on the highway.
16) Whenever someone tells an off-color joke about farm animals, it goes over your head.
17) You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed stores.
18) The farthest south you've ever been is the perfume counter at Neiman Marcus.
19) You call binoculars opera glasses.
20) You can't spit out the car window without pulling over to the side of the road and stopping