I'm sorry gang, but this is a folk site and "Thread Creep" is a folk term as it meets the criteria for what is a folk song and the other terms do not.
1. It has been passed along by the oral process(at least as close to that as you can get on a fockin' computer)
2. Its origins are no longer clear. (I think Leej may have used it first, but I'm not sure anymore)
3. Most people have absolutely no idea what it means.
4. Most people could care less what it means.
5. It has no copyright protection.
6. It was not written for monetary gain.
7. We currently have two threads running on the subject.(Proving we're willing to talk about it ad infinitum)
8. Nobody using the term has ever made a dime by doing so. (Very important, as any true "creeper" is as broke as a fat ladies girdle and any "creeper" who does profit has sold out and is only "creep-like" at best)
I hope this clears up the matter entirely. You can use threadrift and that's Okay, but its not really "Thread Creep."