The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #76272 Message #1349800
Posted By: Vixen
07-Dec-04 - 08:31 AM
Thread Name: Who influenced you to become a musician
Subject: RE: Who influenced you to become a musician
1) My dad playing his harmonica, and writing songs for me when I was very young
2) My mother with all her albums of folk music, and recordings of things like the "Grand Canyon Suite"
3) My aunts MaryAnne and Nancy who pooled their resources to buy me my first guitar as a Christmas present when I was 10
4) My friend Sherry, who not only taught me basic theory, and how to play the recorder, but also gave me the confidence to keep at it
5) My husband, who continues to support my every musical endeavor
6) Charles, who taught me where my voice is
7) Every musician I've ever listened to, good, bad, and indifferent, has inspired me one way or another...