Everyone, this is from the Fife Folklore Archives:
- Some of the items in the collections may be sensitive and may or may not be the opinions, ideas, or beliefs of the students who collected the materials or their informants.... While the collections contain materials that may be considered prejudiced, stereotyped, or offensive, it should be remembered that the folk data is an important resource in the study of contemporary and past cultures.
Harpygirl, I had one woman contact me to thank me for putting "Hot Vagina" on my website. She said she learned it from my site to sing it to her boyfriend. I say *she* was happy ... as long as her boyfriend listened and complied with the songs lyrics.
Bill_D, no I will not expurgate the title of a song. If the song is 'Run, Nigger, Run', then that is what I will place in the title the song thread that discusses that song. Joe says that there is still some technical work being done to "elegantly" find in a "solution" that allow people who are filtered to access the forum. I am still waiting.
GUEST,.gargoyle, this song is traditional amongst several groups: rugby players, hash house harriers, air force fighter pilots, college fraternities and soccer players.
Do you disagree that this song is traditional amongst those groups?
Bill_D, thanks for correctly identifying the CONTEXT of most of my bawdy songs:
- purile, raunchy, dumb, juvenile, insipid, tasteless stuff bellowed by drunken Rugby players and college jocks over a keg of Budweiser......
I don't expect you to understand or appreciate Latvian folksongs but to the extent they are sung in Latvia and by Latvians then they are the traditional songs of Latvians.
I also don't expect you to understand or appreciate rugby, hash house harrier, air force pilot and fraternity folksongs. But to the extent they are sung by ruggers, hounds & harriets, pilots and 'brothers' then they are traditional songs of these groups.
Blissfully Ignorant, the phrase "Hot Vagina", except for instances of this song, is a porno keyword. Here is google search which shows the prevalence of the "hot vagina" phrase on porn sites.
curmudgeon, No the title -- as actually penned by Nat Vincent and Fred Howard in 1931 -- is "When the Bloom is on the Sage". The first line of the song "When it's roundup time in Texas" is what the song is often called and is usually added to the song title in parenthesis.
Charley Noble, I have actually heard three variations in the Ralston Cereal song. I purchased a DVD of the Tom Mix radio programs from ebay. Here is a version of this song August 1945:
- SHREDDED RALSTON JINGLE (recording)
- Shredded Ralston for your breakfast
Starts the day off shining bright
Gives you lots of cowboy energy
With a flavor that's just right
It's delicious and nutritious
Bite size and ready to eat
Take a tip from Tom
Go and tell you mom
Shredded Ralston can't be beat.
- August 1945. Vanishing Village. Pt 3. Episode
- Tom Mix Shredded Ralston Jingle [Not Bawdy] Time: 0:19