The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #84178 Message #1554023
Posted By: Houston_Diamond
01-Sep-05 - 02:42 PM
Thread Name: Towersey 05 - Thoughts Of A First Timer
Subject: RE: Towersey 05 - Thoughts Of A First Timer
Please don't be put off Towersey :( it is still a great festival because:
1) The people who go are very friendly (for some its their only weekend of friendliness)
2) Variety is still available even for a small place (the pub isn't exclusively run by mrs casey and you can have fun heckling the morris dancers (especially if your from a rival team) lol.)
3) Mrs Casey's music are very experienced in running festivals (nevertheless the change of Sidmouth organisers has done it some good and the lack of stressed Mrs Casey's organisers showed at Towersey).
4) It's the bank holiday that is least likely to rain.
5) Cos the festival is what you make it :)
PS Cheers to all the organisers of Towersey as I know from experience how hard you try to make people happy and safe at all the festivals you've been involved with.
PPS Hiya Lynne and thnx to LTS for saying im the reason for Dad switching to the squeeze box (swinging on the guitaring arm did become difficult when the arm got closer to the armpit :p)