The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #85910   Message #1595431
Posted By: dulcimer42
01-Nov-05 - 09:16 PM
Thread Name: my non-lap dulcimer
Subject: RE: my non-lap dulcimer
I attend lots of dulcimer festivals and play the hammered dulcimer, as well as the "other" dulcimer.   I think the best name I've heard for it is the "fretted" dulcimer.   That describes it well, and distinguishes 'which' dulcimer are referring to.