The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #88428 Message #1658240
Posted By: Abby Sale
31-Jan-06 - 09:15 AM
Thread Name: Happy! – Jan 31 (Gamble Rogers)
Subject: Happy! – Jan 31 (Gamble Rogers)
(died a hero 10/10/1991, qv)
An early member of the Serendipity Singers, but mostly, he performed alone with just a guitar.
He was best known as a story teller and humorist. His stories were set in the fictional rural Florida town of Snipes Ford
"...where the Rabbi's name is Bubba, and the Baptist Church has its own S.W.A.T. team."
· Life is what happens to you while you're making other plans
· Sorriness is a prime virtue. Sorry is as sorry does.
· Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted.
· Never blame a man for being human unless he makes a habit of it.
· It's always easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission.
· An expert is an ordinary man away from home.
· When your work speaks for itself don't interrupt.
· Right of way is considered a function of mass times velocity.
· Never talk metric to decent folk.
· Regarding astrology, if you treat everybody the same way, the stars will take care of themselves.
· There ain't nothing wrong with materialism as long as you have an emotional involvement with the material object.
· Let them that don't want none have memories of not gettin' any.
· In the final analysis, the size of one's funeral is always determined by the weather.
Copyright © 2005, Abby Sale - all rights reserved
What are Happy's all about? See Clicky