- George Papavgeris singing his self-penned "Empty Handed" (also recorded by Andy Irvine)
- Peter Paul and Mary singing "The Times They are A'Changing".Of definite historical value, regardless of your opinion of P P & M
- Emmylou Harris singing her self penned "Diamond in My Crown". One of her most memorable performances imo
- Richard Thompson singing "1952 Vincent Black Lightning"
- Eric Bogle singing "The Band Played Waltzing Matilda" with powerful screen images of WW1
- Eva Cassidy singing Sting's "Fields of Gold". A wondrous rendition by one of the finest female voices ever recorded.
- Iris Dement singing "Our Town" , from the Transatlantic Sessions. Probably the finest piece of music in the whole series imo. Excellent harmonising from Emmylou, and instrumental support from a stellar group of musicians including Aly Bain and Jerry Douglas