The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #97864 Message #1931959
Posted By: GUEST,leeneia
09-Jan-07 - 10:17 PM
Thread Name: BS: Vacuum Cleaner Recommendations???...
Subject: RE: BS: Vacuum Cleaner Recommendations???...
I used the geological method to clean floors. Geologists realize that fluids drop their sediment load when stilled.
First of all, I have almost no carpeting in my house. When I really want to get rid of dust, etc., I do this:
1. Go away on a trip, the longer the better.
2. Using common sense and keeping in mind the expected outdoor temperature, I turn the heat or ac down to the absolute minimum.
3. The goal is to have no fans blowing in the house.
4. While we are away, the dust settles.
5. Arrange to return before night, so as to still have energy. Enter the house and swiffer the floors and flat surfaces before doing anything else.