The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #19657   Message #202114
Posted By: GUEST,Neil Comer
27-Mar-00 - 02:59 PM
Thread Name: What's a Planxty?
Subject: RE: What's a Planxty?
There is an Irish word, Planncadh, which translates as the striking of a harp ( 845 Dineen)If you take the word as referring to a tune type, and add Tí/Tigh ( form of the word for house 'teach') and put them in the order in which they come in Irish, you get Planncadh Ti Irwin ( the striking of the harp of the House of Irwin) It is a thought