The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #59418 Message #2147282
Posted By: Rapparee
12-Sep-07 - 09:45 AM
Thread Name: BS: The Mother of all BS threads
Subject: RE: BS: The Mother of all BS threads
1. They'd announced that they were no longer going to develop the system we're on, which is the most used system in the effing WORLD;
2. They'd been promising that the next development would fix all the bugs, bring peace to the world, fix world hunger, and provide increased functionality;
3. We users were REALLY looking forward to it -- for at least two years;
4. The replacement system is built on 20-year-old architecture, which they called "proven";
5. The replacement system can't even handle positive credit balances;
6. They named the replacement system "Symphony."
This is from the same bunch who, some years back, said they not only wanted to please the customers, but to delight them -- which made it sound like they were selling sex toys or condoms.
Besides, librarians are a pretty cynical bunch.