The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #109916 Message #2307470
Posted By: Big Al Whittle
05-Apr-08 - 11:31 AM
Thread Name: Our ghastly folk tradition
Subject: RE: Our ghastly folk tradition
Evo stik man - just try and get certain facts right and you will be fine:-
1) Richard Bridge knows all about the 1954 definition of folk music.
2) He is right
3) Captain Birdseye knows about the 1954 definition of folk music
4) He is right
5) There are areas of s disagreement between the two men about the nature of folk music and it 1954 definition
6) No one else gives a stuff
7) Tom Bliss is a sort of Kofi Anan character, constantly expressing dismay about the fact that the 1954 definition of folk music doesn't make us all a happy band of brothers. Too many treaty incursions, you see.
8) Everybody cares about folkmusic, but not necessarily the same folk music and not necessarily in the same way.
10) its fun!