The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #114088 Message #2436273
Posted By: GUEST,crazy little woman
10-Sep-08 - 11:12 AM
Thread Name: My voice is heavily damaged! HELP!
Subject: RE: My voice is heavily damaged! HELP!
Thought I'd share of few tips I've picked up over the years.
1. When your voice is in trouble, avoid caffiene, alcohol and chocolate, all of which dry up the throat. (Source: article in People magazine about the 'Throat Doctor to the Country Stars')
2. Drink lots of lukewarm water. (source: sister-in-law, a trained soprano)
3. Talking is harder on your voice than singing. When in trouble, talk less (source: another trained soprano at a folk workshop)
4. Dairy products cause mucus to build up in your throat. Fruit juice strips it . (same source)
5. Be aware that throat problems can be caused by acid reflux from the stomach. (source: Internet, Mudcatters.)