Willie, I gotta tell you, have I had mixed emotions about that guitar! I loved it dearly and it travelled to many parts of the world with me.....but, as you know, it badly needs re-fretting (for someone who plays as "hard" as I do) and I couldn't bring myself to do it for fear "that" sound and volume might be altered. Consequently it has hung on the wall for a year while I committed adultery with a '49 0-18. Now we can at last get married! Unfortunately I also bought a big '85 Herringbone D-35, so I guess I'll be a bigamist (or a Mormon) for a while. I am SOOOOOOOO glad that the Lowden has gone to A. a good picker, and B. a new friend.
Some things you might like to know about it:
1. The gouges around the soundhole were done by Ani DiFranco.....when SHE was opening for ME!!! (shows you that was a few years ago!)
2. Among the folks who've played it are: Utah Phillips, Archie Fisher, Tom Paxton, Garnet Rogers, Jim Keelaghan, Del McCoury, Sandy Paton, and many more.
3. I recorded 4 albums with it.
4. Courted Heather with it. First song" "Lizzie Lindsay". So you might wanna play that occasionally so she (the Lowden, not heather) will remember the old days.
5. I'm sure the old "Git-box" will appreciate light guage strings, after having put up with mediums for so long.
Enjoy! Couldn't have found a better home!