The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #59418   Message #2597681
Posted By: Rapparee
26-Mar-09 - 08:49 AM
Thread Name: BS: The Mother of all BS threads
Subject: RE: BS: The Mother of all BS threads
1. Get a damned good attorney.
2. Have the suits dismissed "with prejudice" -- that means that if any such thing is brought before a court again HE is slapped with a fine or jail time for contempt. At that same time ask the court to have him pay all of your costs (and nothing more -- that shows you're not in it for the money).
3. Get a protective order and a "do not bother" order at the same time.
4. Change your phone number to an unlisted one.
5. Change your email address.
6. If you haven't already as the court to restore your maiden name (that is, the name you had before you were married).
7. If he has firearms, tell the court that his continued harassment makes you afraid that he will do something violent and ask that the local cops collect the guns.
8. See if you can terminate any visitation rights he may have.
9. If he's paying child support or alimony tell the court if he's so much as a day late in his payments and ask for a garnishment.

If he wants to play with the courts you have to make it soooo expensive for him that he drops that game.