The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #123689 Message #2726072
Posted By: Crow Sister (off with the fairies)
18-Sep-09 - 12:12 PM
Thread Name: BS: Equinox Greetings
Subject: RE: BS: Equinox Greetings
Any more songs or poems or even photos for the season?
This is a bit off beam I know, but what the hay. I made this really tasty Autumnal stew thing that feels really seasonal & would look right proper in one of those cast iron witchy cauldron thingys some of you Wiccans use - maybe even better suited to bonfires around Samhain actually, but here goes:
* In a large pan: heat a glug of Oil, & saute a chopped Onion and some crushed Garlic.
* Add a teaspoon of Cumin seeds & a tablespoon of Paprika.
* Add to pan: one peeled and chopped Red Pepper, one peeled and chopped Butternut Squash, & one peeled and chopped Sweet Potato.
* Add a glass (1/3 pint) of Red Wine, & a couple of glasses (2/3 pint) of water, plus a Veggie Stock Cube. Add a can of Chopped Tomatoes.
* Place lid on pan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat & simmer for 15 minutes.
* Add a handful (3 oz) of Bulgar Wheat. Simmer with lid off, for a further 15 minutes.
* Season & Serve.