The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #59418 Message #3264787
Posted By: Little Hawk
28-Nov-11 - 10:29 AM
Thread Name: BS: The Mother of all BS threads
Subject: RE: BS: The Mother of all BS threads
So true. ;-) That's a brilliant idea, Rap.
Bored Dachshunds crave entertainment...and food.
Here are some good ways of entertaining a Dachshund:
1. Offer him treats.
2. Tell him about the chipmunk or squirrel or cat outside the patio door.
3. Play the harmonica. He will sing along with great gusto.
4. Throw the ball for him if he's the athletic type.
5. Shower him with praise. They love that.
6. Introduce him to a new toy, such as a teddy bear. He'll attack it joyfully and spend an hour or two mauling it until it's completely wrecked. If the toy SQUEAKS when bitten, so much the better!
7. Rub his belly and scratch him behind the ears.
8. Take him out for a walk.
9. Play recording of other dogs barking on the computer. He will be quite interested.
10. Fly an Air Swimmer around the house. He will pursue it in a barking frenzy.
Anyone got any more ideas?