The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #153529 Message #3622734
Posted By: Stringsinger
28-Apr-14 - 11:02 AM
Thread Name: Obit: Pete Seeger (1919-2014)
Subject: RE: Obit: Pete Seeger (1919-2014)
It's amazing to me that we have John Birchers in our midst on Mudcat.
Gargoyle, you are completely clueless about the Left. This latest isn't about balance,
it's just blatant smearing.
Enough already indeed!
"Pete Seegar is a sad product of the leftist media "
You can't even spell his name correctly so why should anyone listen to you?
The media Leftist? That's a joke. No, the media is reactionary Republican.
We can take back our media by:
1. supporting alternative factual media
2. We can debunk the garbage spilled by Fox News and CNN
3. We can support reliable sources for our information
4. We can articulate our vision for a better world by:
A. Supporting peace groups that are actually doing something useful
B. Support Occupy Wall Street in it's latest incarnation (yes, it's still here)
C. We can report history accurately concerning the Left Wing
D. We can list Pete's numerous accomplishments such as:
1. Cleaning the Hudson River
2. Spawning the folk music revival without Pete....no Mudcat
3. Celebrating his appeal to humanity by stopping Vietnam war,
4. Remembering his courageous fight against Jim Crow
5. Giving permission to anyone to learn to play and sing regardless of
what they believe their musical ability is.
6. Reaching children through his stories and songs
7. Being positive about humanity in spite of Republican negativity.
I think we can all add to this list.
If it weren't for Pete I doubt many of us would be here on Mudcat.