Cockersdale call this song Prospect Providence (click) on their Doin' the Manch album.
There are a lot of words I'm not sure I understand, and I wonder if somebody could explain them:
- Prospect, Providence, Perseverance - any particular significance, or this just a management slogan?
- Albert, Valley, and Crank - is this the name of the singer's employer? Was it a real or fictional mill? Location?
- seek-oil dam
- rag'ole dust (Cockersdale & the Fagans pronounce this "rag oil," but I'm wondering if this is a "rag hole" when discarded rags are thrown)
- weft (threads perpendicular to the warp, dontchaknow) [also known as woof]
- piece makes the mender grieve
- willyer's blend
- roll a few woods
It's a good song, but it would be even better if I could understand it all.