The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #166921 Message #4019361
Posted By: Mr Red
15-Nov-19 - 09:49 AM
Thread Name: BS: UK - Rain 2019
Subject: RE: BS: UK - Rain 2019
Venice streets full of water, please advise.
Never understood why people choose to live on a flood plain
1) because it usually has alluvial soil, very fertile. (archaic in modern employment).
2) because it probably has access to travel by water (OK notso important since the IC engine).
3) because the developer doesn't care once he has bribed the local gov planners
4) because the estate agent didn't tell you everything he knew
5) because the planners plan on a once in 50 years' event. And not on global warming** - History doesn't tell you everything either!
6) because it is sooooooooooooooooo pretty
7) because they don't like driving up steep roads in the Chelsea Tractor (wot goes 50 miles a day to commute).
**fact. Only the cause should be in any possible soupçon of dispute, not that would stop some of this parish.