Well, Kat, this is what I know so far about creating tables:
But what about the "colspan" specification, and "cellpadding"? What other commands can be used to customize tables? Jon, where are you?
- Start with the <table> command (which can have specifications for width and background color and border and such)
- Then you start a new row (sideways)with <tr>
- Within that row, you have distinct cells, each one beginning with <td> and ending with </td>
- You end the row with </tr> and begin another with <tr>, and the next row apparently does not have to have the same number of cells as the first.
- When you're done, you end with </tr> and </table>