The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #172203 Message #4167640
Posted By: GUEST,Jon Bartlett
15-Mar-23 - 02:08 PM
Thread Name: Origins: The Cowboy's Dream
Subject: RE: Origins: The Cowboy's Dream
I can do better, Steve. Here's the text:
BC 07: ROLL ON, YOU LOG HAULERS
1. Last night as I stood at the landing
Looking right up at the sky
I wondered if ever a logger
Would be happy way up there on high.
ROLL ON, ROLL ON, ROLL ON, YOU LOG HAULERS, ROLL ON, ROLL ON
ROLL ON, ROLL ON, ROLL ON, YOU LOG HAULERS, ROLL ON.
2. Will there be any big logs to haul there?
Will there be any pine trees to fell?
I sometimes think that a logger
Would be happier way down in hell.
3. A logger's life is a hard one
With danger around all the bends
But I imagine one day I will be there
For that's where I'll meet all my friends.
4. I expect that I'll hit a tough show there
Haulin' logs down slippery hills
A-workin' full twenty-four hours
To try and catch up with my bills.
5. But one thing, there'll be a big change there,
I'll be doin' it just for the thrills
I'll be haulin' 'em all for the devil
To the deuce with the interior sawmills!
- as sung by Jim Kehoe; w., m., John Kehoe. PJT Coll #083