The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #32255   Message #423075
Posted By: Wavestar
22-Mar-01 - 08:47 AM
Thread Name: Non-Music - Academic Success Question
Subject: RE: Non-Music - Academic Success Question
Fibula Mattock- The answer to your question is, yes, pretty juch all University instructors are referred to as professor. It's a term of respect, more often than one of earned status (although the professor status is also applied - the differentiation is only really made by colleagues and administration.) Students may refer to 'the lecturer', but if they want to use a name, it will usually be preceded by professor. Doctor, on the other hand, is a title of degree and status that is earned. :)