The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #33564   Message #563402
Posted By: Burke
02-Oct-01 - 10:39 AM
Thread Name: Copyrights on 'older' songs...?
Subject: RE: Copyrights on 'older' songs...?
To include a song under copyright on your CD's you need to pay certain set fees. I think it's called a mechanical right. The agencies that administer the rights are on the web. Try super search or a general web search.

If you perform in public, the venue where you play should be paying the fees that cover your using copyrighted materials.