The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #20002   Message #724651
Posted By: JohnInKansas
06-Jun-02 - 04:18 PM
Thread Name: Making Mudcat Accessible
Subject: RE: Making Mudcat Accessible
Windows has a feature called "MouseKeys" that lets you use the keyboard in place of the mouse for nearly all functions. This might be of help to those who have difficulty using the mouse, or for those who just want to switch off and relax the clicky finger occasionally.

The setup is in Control Panel under "Accessibility."

Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q139571, MouseKeys gives a description, for Win95, 98, and ME. I've checked, and the feature is present in Win2000, with the same setup and use.

(There is sometimes a problem with clicking in to a specific article from "outside," the KB. If the clicky above doesn't work, go to Microsoft Knowledge Base, click "Specific Article ID Number" in item 2, and enter "Q139571" in the "My Question Is" box.)

A number of other "Accessibility" features can be found by entering "Accessibility" in the Help file found at Start.


duplicate post deleted by mudelf ;-)