We all got nicknames at Grammar School -
- John Brown was Hovis
- someone else was Budge because he bred budgerigars
- John Davenport was Donk because the Latin master kept calling him Doncaster instead of Davenport
- Ric Barough was Kit because he used to break up when he laughed (like he was having kittens)
- I was Tul after Servius Tullius, King of Rome, becuase if you latinise my surname it rhymes with Tullius.
- Philip Harvey was Milly but I don't know why
And of course, the Aussies call all red-headed men Blue!