The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #56586 Message #885931
Posted By: catspaw49
09-Feb-03 - 02:39 AM
Thread Name: Folklore: Where is Dixie
Subject: RE: BS: Where is Dixie
Interesting answer Frank. I too spent twenty years living in the south and would tell other yankees that you had to pass through several stages if you were to be successful in working and living there:
1) Open your eyes and realize that it's a different place. It is not like the north and it doesn't want to be.
2) Get over the idea that whatever you were doing up north was right and realize that things aren't the same here. Forget what you knew.
3) Quit thinking, even for a second, that you can somehow change things to your way of thinking.
4) NOW, sit back and think hard on this----Can I live and work this way? Do I want to?
5) If so, you will now have a lot better time and a lot fewer headaches. Don't try to BE a southerner, just a transplanted damnyankee and admit it. If not, get the hell out and take your ass back to wherever it was you came from and don't make life hard on the rest of us damnyankees who are having a great time...except when we have to explain the likes of YOU!
BTW Frank........I didn't think you lived in the south. Do you? I mean like I thought you lived in Atlanta.......(;<))