The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #58909   Message #935878
Posted By: clansfolk
18-Apr-03 - 08:01 AM
Thread Name: UK Government to license Morris Dancing
Subject: RE: UK Government to license Morris Dancing
- Didn't use to need a licence per se, although pubs & festivals did and mass dance events that involve closing off streets always have involved a lot of negotiation with the town hall.

The new license proposals have not yet been passed - when you say "Didn't use to need a licence" did you mean prior to current restrictions and licensing???

Presuming the entertainment to include music and dancers - the current "Two in a Bar" rule applies on licensed premises (including car park, forecourt etc. In a public place - local bye-laws cover this under busking permission/license (charges vary as does permission and restrictions) furthermore if a collection is to be made a further license will be required (again charges/permission/restrictions vary from area to area and can of course be nil. Local licensing/permission for public entertainment will also (normally) be restricted to certain areas.